Offer Day 16th April 2021
Please see below information from the Birmingham City Council or contact your home local authority for more information.
- You will be sent an email informing you which school has been offered. The email will name the school your child has been offered on 16 April 2021 which you should receive by 4pm - the exact time will depend on your email service provider. Please check your SPAM or Junk folder.
- Please do not contact Birmingham City Council before you receive the formal notification of your child’s school place. You must be in receipt of your formal notification email before contacting the council. You may contact School Admissions if you have not received your email or letter by 19 April 2021.
- You will only need to inform Birmingham City Council by 30 April 2021 if you are refusing this offer. Details of how to do this will be included on your offer email and letter. If you do not refuse the offer, the school will update their records to show the offer has been accepted.
By refusing the offer, you will lose the place as this will be given to a child on the waiting list for that school.
By not refusing the place offered and therefore accepting the offer, this will not affect your child’s waiting list position for any of your higher preference schools, or influence the outcome of any appeal you may submit.
The waiting list will move up and down as offers are accepted or declined. If your first preference was Nishkam Primary School Birmingham and you were not offered a place you will automatically be on the waiting list until the 31st December 2021. Please note we do not give out waiting list position information as it can change on a daily basis. The waiting list will be ranked only when a place becomes available using the over subscription criteria. If you would like to join the waiting list please contact your home local authority and complete a SIF form if applying for a faith place. The waiting list is held in accordance with the admission criteria of the school, not in order of applications received. All waiting lists are cleared at the end of each academic year, and no names are carried forward into the next academic year.
Your right to appeal
If your child has not been offered a place at Nishkam Primary School Birmingham, you have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel.
You can only lodge an appeal if you have;
- received notification that the local authority have not been able to offer you the school of your preference
- listed the school on your application form
The closing date for primary appeals is 17th May 2021.
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org