Supporting children’s learning at home
Governors are firmly committed to a learning partnership between school and parents and encourage activities at home which enrich the learning received at school. We believe that parents have a key role to play in the education of their children.
You are one of the best teachers your child will ever have, so please find time to:
- share books and read together
- involve children in everyday activities, for example write shopping lists, basic cooking and setting the table
- be enthusiastic about school
Parents/carers play a pivotal role throughout their children’s primary years and we value what they have to offer.
- We communicate with parents/carers in a variety of ways including – newsletters, website, questionnaires, informal and formal meetings, etc.
- We have three parents’ evenings a year and the school report is sent home in July
- We also set up workshops so you can have an insight to what your child is learning at school and how you can support at home
- Parents/carers will be invited to special congratulations assemblies and performances during the year