Teacher of English with responsibility for either Literacy Co-ordinator or Drama
Posted: 10 April 2019
This post would suit either an experienced teacher or an ambitious and adaptable teacher early on in their career. This is a rare chance to shape the English and Literacy Co-ordinator or Drama curriculum as the school builds from one year group to two in its secondary phase. Please state your preference on your application form.
Post: Teacher of English with responsibility for either Literacy Co-ordinator or Drama
Dates: Apply by: Monday 29th April 2019 Midday
Start date: 27th August 2019
Salary: Highly Competitive (TLR available for the right candidate)
Location: 152 Syon Lane, Isleworth, TW7 5PN
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
School Size: 1400 pupils at capacity in 2024 (100 per year group; 4 form entry; 650 pupils in September 2019)
Job Description: Teacher of English with responsibility for either Literacy Co-ordinator or Drama (Secondary Phase) Job Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and talented teacher of English and Curriculum Co-ordinator / Drama to play a key role in shaping the curriculum of our outstanding, multi-faith school as we move into year two of its secondary phase development.
Unique features of this role are:
- The chance to shape the school’s English and Literacy / Drama curriculum and ethos as we look to develop a curriculum that will impact all learners.
- The opportunity to recruit then teach the school’s first A Level cohort
- Potential for promotion
- A bespoke CPD package relevant to the successful candidate’s career stage
Nishkam School West London will be a flagship school for our Trust, offering all-through provision on an expansive 11-acre green site. Opportunities like these are few and far between and will interest those with creative minds and high aspirations, seeking to inspire a new generation of children through a values-led, multi-faith curriculum. The journey will be one of leading your classes to excellence as the school grows to capacity, which will be immensely rewarding for the right individual.
Background: Nishkam School West London is an innovative, state of the art, all-through 4-19 school. Nishkam’s outstanding primary school opened in 2013 and the secondary opened in September 2018, with a four form entry in Year 7 of 100 pupils. The school is part of a highly successful Multi-Academy Trust (4 schools, 2 nurseries; 1 vocational college in Kenya).
- Leadership and management at all levels are of exceptionally high quality. Leaders constantly check the quality of teaching and learning and provide very good support for any teacher who needs to develop their practice.
- Exemplary leadership and management skills ensure that the school’s values are central to developing pupils’ learning and mind-set.
- The school’s vision to ‘offer excellence… and inspire children to learn’ pervades the school. As a result, pupils are motivated and have high aspirations.
The role will commence on 27th August 2019. You will:
- have the rare opportunity to work collaboratively with primary colleagues and play a key role in developing the English and Literacy / Drama curriculum from Years 1 to 8
- have a strong voice in shaping the everyday practice of the school as we develop and embed our ethos and routines, especially in learning and teaching
- have the opportunity to share your expertise with other subject teachers across the Trust
- be part of a global community of charitable initiatives.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a vibrant atmosphere and a supportive setting.
The brand new school is based in 11 acres of green space in an impressive purpose built single facility housing the all-through school.
Our expectations are that you will:
- believe all pupils can and will achieve highly
- build an environment through a values-led education that encourages compassion, humility, service; and recognises all humanity as one
- ensure excellence in learning, teaching and achievement in all of your classes within the context of a faith-inspired, values-led school
- ensure that standards of learning and teaching at GCSE and A Level are a benchmark for excellence and within the top quintile of all schools
- nurture a culture that cherishes childhood, stimulates the spirit of adventure and ignites a passion for lifelong learning
- develop and implement an enriched curriculum for the school that allows children to both further their own interests and explore new horizons
- develop and maintain the support and active involvement of parents in their children’s learning
- build and nurture links within the local community
- contribute to, and maintain the ethos of the Nishkam culture by drawing on best practice across Nishkam Schools, locally and nationally
- report to the Senior Leadership Team of Nishkam School West London
- work closely with the Local Governing Body
- work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and teachers in both phases at NSWL.
We will offer you:
- a very warm, welcoming and talented team
- hardworking and dedicated colleagues who are prepared to give selflessly for the benefit of the pupils
- supportive parents, carers and community
- a committed and fully involved Governing Body and Board of Directors
- a state-of-the-art learning environment
- wide-ranging opportunities for professional development
- terms and conditions similar to other academies and schools
- a strong commitment to staff wellbeing.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
To find out more:
- Please download an application pack Application Form or contact the school office on 020 3141 8760
- Applications to be sent to recruitment.NSWL@nishkamschools.org by Monday 29th April 2019 Midday
- Interview process to take place the week beginning 29th April 2019