|Bhupinder Singh Minhas||Chair of Governors|
|Jasbir Singh Uppal||Vice-Chair of Governors|
|Manpreet Singh Sandhu||Governor|
|Justin Gomersall||Teaching Staff Governor|
|Shimshad Latif||Non-Teaching Staff Governor|
|Jatinder Kaur Padam||Parent Governor|
|Sukhvinder Singh Rana||Parent Governor|
Bhupinder Singh Minhas, (Chair of Governors)
Contact: Nishkam Primary School, Great Brickkiln Street, Wolverhampton, WV3 0PR. BS.email@example.com
- Company director of business that provides technology and design led distribution and business development services to a range of industries.
- Previously worked at Accenture and taught at the London School of Economics
- Significant third sector experience, including governance at one of the UK’s largest housing associations and, previously, a national interfaith charity.
Jasbir Singh Uppal, (Vice Chair of Governors)
- Principal Lecturer at University of Wolverhampton with over 20 years teaching experience in Computing and ICT.
- Experienced in leadership, management, student recruitment, education partnerships and curriculum innovation using ICT.
- Passionate about providing the highest standards of teaching and learning at Nishkam School Wolverhampton to enable all pupils to fulfill their academic, creative, and sporting potential and become well-rounded, principled, self-confident, successful and caring individuals.
Manpreet Singh Sandhu, (Governor)
- Manpreet Singh Sandhu is a finance analyst for an international insurance company. He has previously worked for large sector companies such as Fruit of The Loom. With 12 years of experience working in finance, IT and accounting Manpreet understands the importance of effective governance and how this can make a difference to any organisation.
- Manpreet is passionate for the school to fulfil its capabilities to enable all children to achieve all of their potential. He has a firm belief the schools values instil in children a unique foundation for a successful future. He lives in a family comprising of four generations and has two of his children attend Nishkam Primary School in Wolverhampton.
- Manpreet said “I am prepared to ask the difficult questions and scrutinise the processes where necessary to lead our children towards the best outcomes. I strongly believe values play a significant role in everyday life through family and faith. As a consequence, I see the great benefits these bring and the influence they have on my own children.”
Soumya Suresh (Governor)
- Soumya has over eight experience in the not-for-profit education sector working in different areas including teaching, teacher training, recruitment and curriculum design across rural and urban contexts in India and UK.
- She is passionate about ending educational inequality and the use of evidence-informed practices specifically in teaching and learning.
- She has also completed Masters in Educational Leadership from the University of Manchester.
Tyrone Samuel, (Governor)
- Tyrone has over ten years’ experience in education and supporting schools with best practice standardised tests to drive improvement.
- He has worked with MIS software providers whilst blogging on best practice across the sector.
Jatinder Kaur Padam, (Parent Governor)
- Jatinder Padam has experience of Project Management Office (PMO) supporting IT Migration and Business Transformation projects within the Financial, IT and defence sectors.
- She has managed PMO teams to support end to end delivery of the project lifecycle.
- Jatinder is expert in setting up project governance frameworks to provide Stakeholders transparency of project progress and risks and issues.
- Jatinder said she is “Looking forward to supporting the Niskham Trust and the Nishkam family in these changes times and being part of their forthcoming successes”.
Sukhvinder Singh Rana, (Parent Governor)
- Sukhvinder Singh Rana is a Financial Control Officer at The City of Wolverhampton College. He has Worked in finance for over 17 years mainly in the FE sector.
- Sukhvinder has two children who attend the school and finds working in the education sector as extremely rewarding as he hopes to support ‘Making a Difference’ to people lives.
- Sukhvinder said “Nishkam Primary School is an excellent primary school, delivering high quality learning opportunities both within, and outside, the classroom. The role of parent governor is a special role, to help support the school in making good strategic decisions about the direction of the school”.