Adverse Weather procedures
During adverse weather conditions any urgent information will appear on the website home page.
Please see below some reminders regarding school closure in the event of bad weather.
It is the policy of Akaal Primary School to make every effort to remain open whenever possible.
The decision to close the school either before or during the school day will be made by the Headteacher in conjunction with the governing body. The school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
1. Insufficient staff can come in to keep the school running safely.
2. Conditions on site are dangerous
3. Conditions are or are anticipated to later become too hazardous for travel.
4. Heating failure or inability to warm the school to reasonable and acceptable levels
If the school is to close:
1. The closure will be recorded on the school website
2. Parents will be alerted to the closure by the either the school texting service or email service by the Headteacher once the closure has been agreed with Governors.
Parents are expected to check the website and/or texts when a closure is a possibility.