An introduction to our online payment service
ParentPay is a schools external national provider used by Nishkam Schools. It allows a means of school payment on a secure online platform - www.parentpay.com
What does ParentPay do?
- enables you to pay for lunch and tuck shop and other items such as trips online through a secure web portal
- offers a highly secure payment site
- gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- allows to create a single account login across all your children that attend a ParentPay school
- shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
- offers you the ability to set automated email/SMS payment reminders
How does ParentPay help you?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- stops you having to write cheques or search for cash to send to school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, there is no waiting for cheques to clear
- payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments up to the due date
- you never need miss a payment or have insufficient credit with automated email/SMS alerts
- ParentPay is quick and easy to use
How does ParentPay help our school?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- payments do not bounce
- reduces paper ‘waste’
- allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the payment card
- improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
- helps us improve school-home communication with its integrated email/SMS messaging centre
How do I get started?
We will send you a letter containing your activation username and password to enable you to setup your ParentPay account. During the activation process you will receive an email from ParentPay to verify the account. Once verified, your account will have been activated. You can then set up your email address as your username and a password to something more memorable.
If you have more than one child at a ParentPay school/s you can add all your children to a single account providing one login for your children. Log in to your ParentPay account, go to ‘add a child’. Add the username and password we have provided to the page. Select your child’s name. The account is now set up for you to use.
Nishkam School operates a cashless payment system via Parentpay whereby parents can make payments online or via PayPoint cards/barcodes for lunches, trips or other service payments (PayPoint cards/barcodes need to be requested from the school office). Please note lunch/ tuck shop payments need to be made before the start of each half term.
- Lunch is charged at £2.53 per day including the meal deal. The price includes a freshly prepared hot meal with dessert, or the meal deal offer at the tills (sample menu enclosed). Please add on an amount that will cover the purchases made by your child
- Tuck shop (sample price list enclosed), if your son/daughter will be using this service,
payment to the tuck shop will have to be made regularly depending on the amount your child is spending.
Cash or cheques will not be accepted in school.
Your username and password for ParentPay will be posted out to you soon. Please make payments for school dinners and the tuck shop before the start of the new academic year. More information can be found on the ParentPay website, alternatively contact the School Finance Office.
Free School Meals application
Parents/Carers, by clicking on the link below and completing this form for Free School Meals, you will be helping your child's school in their application for additional Pupil Premium funding. Please take a moment to submit this application irrespective of whether or not you are, or believe you ever will be, in receipt of one of the following benefits:
Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To complete an application you will need to provide:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child's name and date of birth
- School your child is attending/will attend.