How to Apply
Summary of application process
Pupil Admissions will open for Year 7 on 1st September 2021.
You may choose to apply either through:
1. A Faith category place (50% of all places). If you are a practising member of a religion you may choose to apply through this category. Please complete Steps 1 and 2.
2. An Open place (the remaining 50% of places). If you are not a practising member of a faith please complete Step 1 only.
STEP 1 - For all applicants
All applicants must complete the Preference/Application Form for school’s admissions from your Local Authority, where you live, before 31st October 2021.
The Local Authority Preference/Application full guidance and form for school admissions may be found on the following websites (depending on where you live), for example:
Please ensure if you are applying under the staff or sibling category this is stated when completing your preferences.
Please see our Admissions Policy for Year 7 Academic Year 2022-2023
STEP 2 - for Faith category places only
If you are applying for a place based on faith, (50% of all places), please kindly complete this application by 31st October 2021 for Year 7 (age 11) places.
1. Download and complete the Confirmation Slip. You will then need to have it countersigned by the appropriate religious authority (from your place of worship). This should include both the relevant signature and stamp from the place of worship.
2. Click and complete the Supplementary Information Form. In addition, you will be required to upload the signed and stamped confirmation slip. Please read Instructions on how to complete your Supplementary Information Form.
3. Click on the print icon to download the completed SIF for your records.
Please note the Supplementary Information Form will need to be fully and correctly completed within the specified deadlines. All other forms will unfortunately have to be legally rejected. In this circumstance your child’s place will automatically be considered within the ‘open category’.
STEP 3 - Notification
Your Local Authority in which you live will notify you of which school your child has gained a place in on National Offer Day (2nd March 2022).
For further information please contact the school office on 0121 348 7660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In Year Admissions
Please kindly note that Nishkam School is heavily oversubscribed. However if you are considering applying for a place at Nishkam school for your child other than for the beginning of Year 7 the process for applying is different to the above. This is known as an ‘In Year Application’. Please note that this is not undertaken directly through the school but through Birmingham City council.
Please read and apply through: https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/20119/school_admissions/587/in-year_school_admissions
If you would like this application to be considered as a ‘Faith’ category place please also complete STEP 2 above.
In addition, please carefully read the In Year Admissions Policy for Academic year 2021-2022
The following links are also available for further information:
The waiting list is held in accordance with the admission criteria of the school, not in order of applications received. All waiting lists are cleared at the end of each academic year, and no names are carried forward into the next academic year. Please register your interest by clicking and completing the Interest Form
Any appeal you may have formally undertaken against a decision not to offer you a school place are administered via the School Admissions and Pupil Placements Service, Birmingham City Council. Full details are available on the following link:
Proposed In Year Variation
For background information:
Currently Nishkam High School Birmingham is seeking a variation to it’s Admissions Policy 2022-2023. For further information, please see the letter and documents below.
|Proposed In Year Variation to the Admissions Arrangements 2022-2023|
|Proposed In Year Variation Letter|
|Proposed Admissions Arrangements 2022-2023|
|Current Determined Admissions Arrangements 2022-2023|